Tuesday, December 16, 2008

impossible or impractical?

I don't know how common this is with other people, but I have lots of things I love doing, yet occasionally forget about when I don't experience them for a while. A while could mean a few weeks, up to a few years.

One thing that comes to mind is badminton. Yes, I LOVE playing badminton. Yet, I haven't played at all for the last three weeks and I didn't even realize it. Why is that? Well, in any case, there are just so many of these little things that I've "wanted to do" and "been obsessed with" that pop up every now and then that I'm reminded of, and when it all comes together, do I really have time for all of them?

This past week, there was a sale at Borders, and I remembered I had wanted to look up Hugo award winners and nominees to read some really good science fiction, which I had been thinking about for the longest time. (I ended up buying A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge on eBay because it was $3 cheaper. :D)

Yesterday, I continued reading Suzuka (after having finished the anime three years ago and wanting to continue the series in the manga), and finished it today. It really is a great series overall, and it was very much worth it. I just discovered onemanga.com. I feel so late. And yes, I felt that post-anime depression afterwards for a while. :[ That brought my attention to other series I had wanted to finish, such as Code Geass R2, Prince of Tennis, and others.

Today, hearing someone mention snowboarding sparked my love of it again, and it instantly made me think of opportunities to hit the slopes this year. I proceeded to gtalk Mark Liu and blab on and on with him about going to Vermont so that I might get to go again this year. Man, MtCreek weekend adult tickets are $62!)

When I think about it, though, is it possible to do all of this? Badminton, manga/anime, reading, snowboarding, spending time with friends, and including more intensive coursework come second semester?

Though, [un]fortunately, I don't have a computer good enough to play the Sims 3.

Yet.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I actually started reading Suzuka after you recommended it to me but since onemanga died, I haven't been as motivated to continue reading because that was my favorite site ever. :[ I'll pick it up though! Need a new series to read during winter break :D