Wednesday, April 29, 2009

shocking

  • the devils lost today.
there's so much i could say about the series, about how closely matched it was, about how it see-sawed back and forth each game, and how it all came together for the game 7 that was played tonight. i'll leave out all the sports-y details, though. the devils had a 3-2 lead for a while, and then the hurricanes scored twice in the final 1:20 of regulation.

i've never followed the devils as much as i have this season. i've never been so excited to watch a devils game. and subsequently, i've never been so upset over any sport that i watched. DANG. so this is what sports fans feel like (kind of). i wasn't even at the game, and it was really upsetting. it didn't really sink in for a while, because of how quickly things happened. wow.

i don't feel as bad as i'm probably making it sound, though. it's just shocking and really unexpected.

I LOVE WATCHING DEVILS HOCKEY. i have yet to go see a game. (BUT I WANT TO.)
  • do i actually have allergies?
i know for sure i've never had allergies before in my life, but in the past two weeks, my throat has been sore every morning, and gradually dissipating throughout the day. for a while, i thought it was because welf had the window open during the night, which had led to me getting sick or getting sore throats in the past. but now i'm not so sure, after i heard that you can GET allergies randomly, even if you've never had them before. that stinks.
  • sometimes i wonder if i miss out on tv shows.
i don't watch tv, and i never really have. i remember not having cable from my childhood, and not getting it until.. i don't quite remember when. but i do remember it felt weird to have cable, because i didn't know what to watch on tv even when i had it. but back on the topic of tv shows, i've never followed any. however, i have seen grey's anatomy, seasons 1-3 (not technically finished with the 3rd but close enough), because hilary owns them, and i'm going to say that it is enjoyable. but it's been a while since i've watched it.

all the while, i always hear so much hype about other shows, and i definitely don't doubt that there are some awesome quality shows out there that i would seriously enjoy. lost, the oc, heroes, how i met your mother, dexter, house, 24, all that kinda stuff. i know that they would take a lot of time to follow, and i feel like a big reason i don't watch them is that i'm "behind" already. and it just takes too much time! however, i do love being immersed in another world, full of its interesting stories with their twists and turns (hence why i love RPG games so much).

my conclusion is, yes, i do miss out on tv shows. but it's okay. because they'll be there. (i actually do have a lot more to say on this topic but if i feel that if i speak more about it right now it'll just be gibberish, unorganized, and not very interesting to read.)

[if i had to pick one, i'd probably watch heroes first, thanks to some people's recommendations.]
  • what am i doing this summer?
two summer classes at rutgers, during the first session from may26-jul2 (ish). social psychology and intro to micro. basically 6:00-10:00pm, M-Th.

BADMINTON. hopefully the PAL has lots of flexible court time, and non-ridic membership fees. and hopefully johnny/kevin/raaj don't back out. I'M SO EXCITED TO PLAY. and teach j/k/r, too. rob says he might come down to play with us too! [i'm wondering if i should go crash this year's key club badminton tournament. heehee.]

maybe a job? i don't know how much lawn mowing i'm going to do, but i seriously hope i get to mow lawns again, at least for the summer, since i can't during the school year anymore. it actually makes me sad that i can't mow during the school year anymore. sad sad.

5 comments:

A said...

one word: swine flu

Katie said...

HAHAHA that's two words!

Sorry to break it to ya, but you probably have seasonal allergies. Mom has them. I started having them at some point, maybe during college? So, it's in your DNA. Too bad! Better than swine flu though, I guess.

Sarah said...

yeah heroes!

dude i didn't know you were taking summer classes...is that required or what? but social psych sounds really cool.

michtseng said...

allergies are tricky, I think they vary with area. I always get severe allergies in the spring, but now that I'm in the city and not as exposed to grass and trees, I've been fine. The minute i return home though, I'm sure I'll start sneezing.
Like I developed an allergy towards cats! It's really upsetting, they're quite cute. ahah.

I've missed out on a lot of tv too, but that's what surfthechannel.com is for. I started Grey's Anatomy like a month ago, and now I'm totally caught up...ahaha. I'm so addicted. I also finished Sex and The City last semester. Now I'm working on The Office.
Hahaha, I wonder what you'd think about Gossip Girl.

Your summer sounds set. Mine's everchanging as of now. :|
I don't remember what else I wanted to say because I don't see your entry here and I'm too lazy to open another window for it.

Good luck on exams! See you when school's overrr!

Becca said...

I felt that way about marching band shows...when I used to care about that sort of thing. It's normal to want to throw something something to the ground when your team doesn't do well and all you're doing is sitting at home, staring at a screen. Don't feel bad about it xD
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT ALLERGIES. I don't have any, but if I randomly do, I'm going to get really angry because I used to make fun of people with allergies allllll the time, esp during the spring.
TV SHOWS: ugh. One time, I was talking to you online and then I decided, hmm maybe I'll give him my full and undivided attention instead of splitting it with America's Next Top Model season 14. And then. It. Was. Taken. Off. The. Site. WAY TO GO. .___________.