Wednesday, May 20, 2009

you're my summer that fades to these cold autumn days

I JUST SAW AMBER PACIFIC LIVE IN CONCERT LAST NIGHT. SO SICK.

after listening to and loving amber pacific's albums for many years, i finally went with hanna and saw them in concert yesterday at the school of rock in south hackensack. there were about 50ish people or so, so it was a small little gathering. also there were fight fair, farewell, and houston calls, bands which i had never heard of before.

probably said many times before, but seeing a band play in concert is totaaaally different. EPIC, almost describes it well. i wish i had gone to see amber pacific's concerts in years past, when they still had their first lead singer, matt. it was an awesome feeling seeing them perform, but it had just a slight tinge of bittersweetness because i was thinking about what it would have been like if matt was there. sad sad.

i (as well as hanna, since she copied me :P) got a new(!) poster from them and got it signed too (as did hanna, since she copied me :P)!

now i just have to see anberlin in concert, and i'll have seen my two favorite bands!



AW YEAH. (that's dango, the sicknasty drummer.)

amber pacific is awesome. listen to them now. ask me for some songs!

on the other hand, i am like a poster fiend now. i have two amber pacific posters (not including the signed pre-order truth in sincerity one), one anberlin poster, and two other posters. i can't wait until i live in a suite next year when i can finally put these up.

[rrr]
-i love word games. prolific, scrabble, speed scrabble. i don't like vocabulary, because my vocabulary stinks, but i like making words with letters and manipulating words to make other words. fun stuff like that. yahimnerdy.
-water tubing at AYL has been the single most fun/exhilarating thing i've done in my life [and among the top funniest things].
-i am red-green colorblind. surprise! yes, most of you knew this already. to clarify, this means i SEE colors, but i have trouble differentiating colors, and also require large samples to better identify colors. typical mix-ups include.. light blue/purple/pink/gray/white. dark green/dark brown. charcoal/brown. yellow/green. blue/purple. you know, stuff like that.

4 comments:

michtseng said...

OK so let me tell you what I wanted to tell you before i forget and get to the entry. I use the copy machine/printer a lot while interning, and when I was making copies today, i got a whiff of that crazy freshly printed paper smell. It made me think of you. So that's a fact I know about you, your weird obsession with paper. hahah.

I think seeing and hearing any type of music-related performance is always EPIC. makes you fall in love with them even more.

darling picture of you and the drummer! haha

does it annoy you when people ask you about what color something is? i notice that I do that a lot. hahah

Turn It Up Loud said...

all i have to say is <3 will

Sarah said...

i don't have much to say...but i totally agree with the fact that seeing a band in concert is SO different. you get a totally different side of them, i love that.
dude let's play speed scrabble sooooon i love that game!
and i also texted you via gmail...but yeah.

Becca said...

Does seeing TBT perform at that school count as seeing a concert? Mm, because otherwise, I don't think I can say I've ever gone to one before. When I started listening to music and caring about bands/artists/etc, it all began with jpop. SO. If I really wanted to go see a concert, I'd have to go to Japan. Which wasn't going to happen. So I've never wanted to see a concert because I was always discouraged by the fact they don't know enough English to come play here. (<--meaning, not enough non-Japanese people in America would pay to see them. sigh.)

You. Me. A few friends. Last Word. Bring it.

jealous .__.

I don't think you ask me "what color is this" and take my response as the truth because you always verify it with other people. I see with more red in one eye and more green in the other, lolol.